Registration for Spring Break Trips
Northwest Arkansas: March 15 – 25, 2023
Backpacking along the Buffalo River Trail
- Explore along the beautiful Buffalo River Trail in northwest Arkansas – the country’s first National River!
- Move campsites each night with your group as you hike along the trail with your camping gear for 5-6 days.
- The last day in Arkansas will be an optional day of rock climbing at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch!
Rock Climbing at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch
- Climb at the renowned Horseshoe Canyon Ranch in Jasper, AR!
- The group will be car camping at the same site every night in tents.
- Days will consist of hiking and rock climbing.
- The last day in Arkansas will be a day of hiking in the area.
- Who: All students are welcome to attend. No prior outdoor experience is necessary. The trip is geared toward a wide range of experience levels; whether it’s your first time camping outside or you’ve been backpacking for years.
- Cost: $20 – This includes everything: all of your transportation, meals, lodging, and camping/cooking/cleaning/rock climbing/backpacking equipment. We also offer free gear rentals for personal equipment (i.e. warm clothing, waterproof layers, sleeping bags, backpacks, and more!).
- Both the trips will travel together from K’s campus to Arkansas. The drive will be split over two days on the way there and back. Once we’ve arrived in Arkansas, the groups will split up and meet back again after their climbing and backpacking experiences for the drive back to Kalamazoo.
- Once the trip starts, all transportation, camping fees, permits, food, group and personal equipment, etc. will be covered by the program.
- The program will provide all group equipment – including activity equipment (climbing shoes/harness/helmets, cooking and camping supplies, tents, stoves, etc.) Personal items, including backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, clothing, and more can be checked out from the Gear Room on campus for free.
How do I register?
- Registration will open at 7 pm on Thursday, February 16th. It is first come, first serve. We anticipate that spots will go fast so we recommend registering as close to the opening time as possible.
- Because you complete the registration form does not guarantee you a spot on a trip. Within 1-2 days of completing your registration, you will receive an email from the Outdoor Programs Directors confirming what trip you are on or what spot you are on a waitlist.
- If you receive a spot you will be contacted with additional information about attending the pre-trip meeting, completing payment to confirm your spot, and completing the required paperwork. The cost of the trip will be due by 5 pm on Monday, February 20th in order to confirm your spot.
Questions? Contact us at OutdoorPrograms@kzoo.edu