We have multiple ways to get involved with Outdoor Programs all year-round. Check out our student positions below!
- Lead trips or outings for an afternoon, half-day, full-day or weekend that involve activities such as hiking, paddling, biking, backpacking, rock climbing, and more!
- Plan your own trips and/or be assigned trips that fit your skill level.
- Current First Aid & CPR certification or higher (Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness Advanced First Aid, Wilderness First Responder, EMT, etc.)
- Experience with group management
- Experience leading outdoor-based trips or events
- Desire to continue learning and growing in outdoor, adventure, logistics, and facilitation skills
- Participated in Outdoor Program’s Spring Training Trip or have equivalent experience
- Continue building skills and experience by leading trips, participating in trips and events offered by Outdoor Programs and/or planning your own personal trips.
* We recognize that folks may be interested in this position and do not have all of the requirements met. We offer opportunities throughout the year to help you gain these skills, proficiencies, and requirements – get in touch with us to get started on our Trip Leader training track!
How to Get Started
- Complete the Trip Leader Interest Form
- Our staff will follow up with next steps regarding certifications, experience
- Have a resume and references ready to send to Outdoor Programs staff
Gear Room Employee
- Assist in managing and maintaining gear inventory – including repairs, cleaning, organizing, and inventory
- Provide gear lending library support through assisting students renting gear, returning gear, and learning about how to utilize gear and plan their own trips
- Provide various office and administrative support to the Outdoor Programs staff and Trip Leaders
- Pack group gear and food for trips and events
- Organized and self-starting attitude
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- No prior outdoor experience or gear knowledge needed
- Desire to learn more about gear and Outdoor Programs
- Positive attitude and willingness to help others and work as part of a team
How to Apply
- Send a resume and cover letter to OutdoorPrograms@kzoo.edu
- Staff will be in touch upon receipt about setting up an interview and obtaining references
Check out our LandSea Leader page for more information!